LACE (Learning Analytics Community Europe – SIG) aims at joining together researchers interested in LA across Europe to reinforce and complement the work done by SoLAR in promoting research and implementation of learning analytics in education.
Our aims are the following:
- Explore themes that are specific to Europe such as GDPR, and the state of LA in the different European countries.
- To promote a European perspective within LAK, which could take into account issues such as LA for non-English languages, or specific focus on particular themes (to be identified).
- To provide an overview of the themes, projects, and initiatives related to Learning Analytics in Europe.
- To serve as a meeting point for researchers working on LA in Europe, and help identify new opportunities and partnerships for further collaboration and funding. This might eventually lead to influence European policies about LA and related topics in Education.
- Alejandra Martínez Monés. Universidad de Valladolid (UVa), Spain. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Wasson. University of Bergen (UiB), Director, Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), Norway. email@example.com
SIG Committee members (in alphabetical order):
- Dai Griffiths. Universidad Internacional de la Rioja (UNIR), Spain. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ioana Jivet, TU Delft, The Netherlands. email@example.com
- Maren Scheffel, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany. Scheffel@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
- Rebecca Ferguson, Open University (OU), UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tobias Ley. Tallinn University, (TLU), Estonia. email@example.com